Production Manager in Coto de Caza, California
Brave Thinking Institute seeks a full-time Production Manager to work hand in hand with our Creative Director and Lead Producer in managing our Media Department.
Principle Accountabilities & Deliverables
- Manage the day-to-day production schedule and crew under the guidance of our Lead Producer and Creative Director.
- Serve as the production hub, across pre-production, production, and post-production to support BTI in delivering our video content on time and on budget.
- Assist Lead Producer with production budget management and reconciliation.
- Create and oversee production calendars and weekly production reports.
- Partner with the Lead Producer in all aspects of Digital Asset Management.
- Ensure every production is running efficiently and smoothly.
- Participate in the building of new systems that advance production technology and streamline workflows for the Media Department.
- Attend production meetings to ensure clear communication, dissemination of information, acknowledge accomplishments, and discuss challenges.
- Interface with various internal departments to assist with production and logistics and to promote interdepartmental communication and workflow.
- Help to establish the division of duties inside the production pipeline.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Skills / Functional Competencies
Must have 5 + years of experience in:
- All aspects of production management, including budget & schedule management, personnel, and performance management.
- Digital Asset Management.
- Professional production techniques and terminology
- Project management & time management skills
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Google Docs
Our Production Manager must have:
- Excellent time management skills, able to balance priorities amid the pressures of busy, deadline-driven production.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent autonomous work habits.
- A distraction-free home office work environment, with privacy, and no background noise to assure professionalism.
- A strong interest in personal development, with history and track record to demonstrate said interest (books read, events attended, etc). This is required for culture fit.
- Regular business hours required, Monday - Friday, 8 am to 5 pm on non-shoot or non-live event weeks (minimum 40+ hours per week required).
- 60% of work is home office, zoom meetings, writing, and budgeting.
- 40% of work is long video shoot days and long days of live event work (including some travel).
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legal to work in the U.S.
- Must possess a valid California driver's license.
- Must reside within 30 miles of Coto de Caza, CA, 92679.
Salary: Full Time, $60k -$70k annually, depending on proven experience. This includes benefits packages (PTO, Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, & 401k).